Re: Copyrighting Improvised Music

I just left the Finnish copyright association Teosto because they have restrictions of artist selling
from his/her own website. They allow only 80 minutes of material or 20 pieces to be sold?
I think that restriction is not from this century, so I'm licensing all my future work through CreativeCommons.
I know, cant get a penny from CC but at least my hands are not tied if I choose to sell my own creations.

2012/1/17 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM, David Gans <david@trufun.com> wrote:
> I asked mandolinist David Grisman about improvised vs. composed, and he said he thinks of improvisation as "fast composition."  It's a continuum.

Good thinking by Grisman. One could also look at it from the other
perspective and say that composition is "cheating improvisation" ;-)
(couldn't resist jumping in on that OT)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com