Re: Boomerang(R) III MIDI Upgrade

Here is the email I received from Mike at Boomerang-I must have deleted it.
I reckon I should answer the survey 8)

Hi Gary,
        I'm happy the III is part of your "band". Sharing the survey on LD
would be fine.

-------------------

Hi Rangsters,
     I hope you are all well and enjoying life. Here's another opportunity
to direct our product development. This is a survey of MIDI features and
behaviors you would like to see implemented. Primarily our goal is to
provide enough MIDI capabilities to easily sync with an external source
such
as a drum machine.
     Thanks in advance. Any time you spend on this will be much
appreciated.

1) What would be adequate for your needs?
   a. III works as master
   b. III works as slave
   c. III works as either

2) What about control commands?
   a. III sends Start, Stop & Continue commands
   b. III responds to Start, Stop & Continue commands
   c. III can send and respond to Start, Stop & Continue commands

3) What about Song Position Pointer?
   a. III sends SPP command
   b. III responds to SPP command
   c. III can send and respond to SPP command

4) What clock data formats do you need to be supported? Indicate all that
apply.
   a. SMPTE
   b. MTC
   c. MIDI clock (F8 command)
   d. MIDI clock quarter frame (F1 command)

5) How will you use the III in a MIDI sync situation? Indicate all that
apply.
   a. With a drum machine only
   b. With multiple MIDI devices playing in sync
   c. With a computer
   d. Other - Please explain

6) Describe the work flow of using the III with your other MIDI devices.
How
this would work ideally?

-------------------

--

Mike Nelson
Secretary/Treasurer, Boomerang Management, Inc.

----------

"Some products make you sound better;
  Boomerang(R) Phrase Samplers makes you play better."

----------

1-800-530-4699 * 1-817-421-2762, Outside USA * 1-817-251-8509, Fax

http://www.boomerangmusic.com

Contact for repairs:
Lee Hardesty
1516 Victoria Drive