Re: Cult of Jazz III

For me the density is more important that size because density is what
creates the sound, especially carrying out a good mid range. Very
thick and hard plastic material picks work fine, I also have a bone
pick that sounds great - but a little different. Finally I keep two
stone picks that have a very special sound but may be too heavy for
fluid playing (use them for super fat tone with thick flat wound
strings). Generally I favor using a hard pick and loosen up my
hand/arm when needed rather than switching to a soft pick.

Not sure if my black plastic picks of choice is the "jazz" brand or
the "dunlop". They are all worn down so the brand doesn't read any
more. Maybe I grabbed a handful at some trade show, don't know
actually.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com