Re: Bill Frisell a master at work.. some great use of looping

One thing you cannot accuse Frisell of is settling into a predictable
pocket... he has made all kinds of music in his time, much of it quite
edgy and avant garde... and by now he has earned the right to say "I grew
up with the Beatles, their songs are in my bones, and right now I want to
get my arms around them." Right? One day any of you folks may say the same
or similar :)

IMO what makes him a true great, is the fact that regardless of what he is
doing, he has a voice that is uniquely and identifiably his own. You can
hear Frisell's voice no matter what the treatment or context... that is a
rare accomplishment, and a sign of greatness.

Phil