Re: 16 bit 48 all we need?

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Actually, summing is a process by which individual (analog) outputs are
> taken from the DAW and combined externally using a fixed gain combiner
> (mixer) known as a "summing box".

Please let me note that I did not mention such analog summing in my
answer to Mark's question. I totally ment digital summing when
mentioning summing as one example of digital signal processing that
may give a better sonic result when running the software at a higher
resolution. Not meaning to be picky here, just want to keep the
discussion easy to follow ;-)

I'm all for 24/44.1 although I deliver 24/48 for film/video as
requested. I don't think the slightly better sounding DSP at 96 k (for
a few processes in Logic) weighs up for the extra work that comes with
96k.

Per