Re: loops with a drummer?

Ted:

Actually, I don't do any looping with the drums. What I do with looping is saxophone, theremin, and an analog noise machine. Very experimental & avant-garde stuff. When I play drums for people it is just for regular gigs. I did play with a guy who used a Boomerang, but it never worked. The sequencing & timing on a looper has to be exactly right in order to sync up with it, and 99% of the time, the initial loop set by whomever is doing the looping, is too short or too long, and impossible to keep time with. It is only with a sequencer that has the loop quantized to a precise time & groove that I can make it work with drums.

anyway... check out my soundcloud page: www.soundcloud.com/bennettwilliams

Yours,
-Bennett