Re: loops with a drummer?

On Apr 3, 2012, at 9:36 PM, Rick Walker wrote:

> On 4/3/12 1:24 PM, Teddy Kumpel wrote:
>> The purpose of my post was to ask everyone if they knew a better
>> technical way to feed a click to the drummer. I've been using the RC-50
>> for a while now and it's been fun, but I want more possibilities from
>> the looper side of things. Is there a piece of gear that is not an
>> RC-50 or a laptop that will do this (I already know how to do it with
>> either of those things). Maybe the LP-1?
> As long as you have a midi looper,  you can always syncrhonize a drum
> machine with
> whatever sound you want as a click  (I prefer a lo agogo on the quarter
> note and
> a high agogo, much quieter on whatever the subdivision of the
> 'Sub-Pulse" is
> (8ths, triplet 8ths, 16ths, triplet 16ths)
>
> then send only the mono out to the drummer making sure that they can
> set their own headphone or monitor levels.
>
> In fact, I would only have them wear headphones as the audience will
> hear the
> metronome sound otherwise.
>
> rick walker

thanks Rick...

unfortunately the RC50's midi clock is not stable to drive anything... I
tried with a Boss DB90 metronome and it shuts off after 2 bars. So, the
only way I've been able to do it it with the RC-50's stupid guide track...

we use in ears, no one even can see that we have click in our ears....