Re: Deconstructing LP1 LoopBegin and Quant Locations

Phil Clevenger wrote:
Hey Andy :)

- Yes, I am creating the second track by using Play/Stop

- First track is set as master by default, yes.

I have tried so hard to find a way to get the LP1 to play nice with incoming MIDI clock, and I have found some successes; but the quantized workflows seems to be the dead end

I'll look into it when I get the time...right now I'm in
new unexpected dayjob culture shock ;-)

...but I'm guessing your assesment is right.

I didn't try it with midi sync yet.

The original EDP should be in a museum somewhere covered in awards. A masterwork really :)

forwarded to Matt :-) (and I also think he earned it)

The difference in the design approaches is partly that the EDP was put
together over many years with each new feature being added only if it fitted perfectly with the existing ones. At every step Matt asked, "what if user does this?" "what's this button going to offer while that's happening".
Rather than adding features, this added whole families of interconnected
features.

The LP1 was designed so that it could be updated with user requests,
an equally valid approach but perhaps the reason you find that two
of the features you use don't work together (yet?) in the way you'd like.

andy