Re: LP-1?

ahem ;-)
As the Reverse function ends a recording (like on EDP) that's bound to happen.
(lest anyone should think this hornet to be a bug)

 Well yes I figured that out:-) but when I was first experimenting with multiple single press commands I was trying all kinds of kooky things, and I have used bounce in the way you described, to create loops that either elongate or condense.  and i told Bob that  when the fixes get implemented I would like not only to be able to have my bounce information switch to the next highest track rather than starting on 8 and working backwards. I would like to have individual track quantize step information be storable as  presets so that I could easily switch from a preset where all 8 tracks are set to the same quantize step beat division and I could go to another preset where all a tracks are set to another quantize step beat division. I would love that capability.

" Continuous pedals are arguably overkill and less simple to control though I could see wanting a knob somewhere to adjust the middle value."

Whaa???? even an archaic piece fo gear like the EDP (just kidding)  can benefit greatly from a variable _expression_ pedal. I am completely tied to using these for many applications , but its much more easy to control loop fades manually in this way, erase sections of a loop,and also edit mistakes with more pinpoint accuracy simply by quickly rocking the pedal back to 0% over the offending note and then bring it quickly back to 100%. Another interesting effect that can be achieved is massive deep tremolo effects. I'll create a track of over dubbed drone notes and the jerk my _expression_ pedal back and forth in tempo to create radical trem sounds or choppy glitchy  deconstruction's of the loop. I know I've spewed about this before, but if you have a device with cc control you are missing out on a lot of versatility by not using it. _expression_ pedals ad to your , er, a ,well... _expression_!

Bill