Best/most suitable expression pedal (for Boomerang III/Novation ReMote 61)

Hello Y'all,

I own a Roland EV-5 expression pedal, that works fine with both with
my Boomerang III Phrase Sampler, and my Novation ReMote 61 SL midi
keyboard. Now I wanna get one more (or two), so that I have one for
both. Actually, I'd like to have 3 or 4 in total, one for the rang, 2
or 3 for the laptop. So that I can control different parameters with
the expression pedals hooked up the laptop. So I guess this is
actually a two part question.

1: Which additional expression pedal would you guys recommend ? (mind
you I'm on a budget) I think the EV-5 is okay, so I wouldn't mind
getting another one of those since they're cheap. But obviously there
are better out there...

2: What would be the best solution in order to get some more
expression pedals hooked up to my system? (So far I'm using a 15"
MacBook Pro with the M-Audio FireWire 1814 soundcard, and obviously
some sequencers with midi - the Novation keyboard is hooked up via
USB, and the soundcard has got break out MIDI in/out if necessary)
Btw. I'm trying to get as mobile and powerless system as possible

I might as well ask a third question now that I'm at it: I wanna have
my pedals etc. working using battery, and as few, but obviously some
of the power, being drained from the laptop. So the Novation can use
batteries, and bypass the laptop's usb power. My soundcard (and mic's)
will get power through the firewire port. I'll be using a battery
powered amplifier/speaker cabinet when necessary. My Boss LS-2 pedal
can use a battery. However the Boomerang III only has power input.

3: So what would be the ideal "battery pack" for powering the Boomerang?

Thanks guys :)

http://torbenscharling.com