RE: Octatrack 1.2 -- a new looper

It is true that the Octatrack uses a CF card (up to 64GB) to store samples.  However, the Octatrack cannot record directly into its CF card: All recording is done into the on-board memory.  There is about 80 megabytes of on-board memory, which translates to about 4.5 minutes at 24-bit 48KHz or about 7.5 minutes at 16-bit 44KHz.  You can arrange how that memory is divided between the tracks.

Once you have recorded a loop, you can save it on the CF card.  You can also play it back (or any other sample) from the CF card without having to bring it back into on-board memory.

From: Travis Hart [mailto:hartfx@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:59 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Octatrack 1.2 -- a new looper

There is no maximum memory for the Elektron Octatrack. It works off the capacity of whatever compact-flash card you are using.

Personally, I found the Octatrack to be an excellent addition to my sound synthesis arsenal; albeit the only digital part of my workflow. This was, of course, prior to the OS update which introduces what I've long yearned for: pickup machines.

I can't wait to get back to my house up north to update my Octatrack and give the new OS a go-around. I can only see it making the Octatrack a part of not only my after-thought workflow, but my recording workflow as well.

This may potentially be the very thing that makes the Octatrack irreplacable by anything available on the market (as a single unit). I can't wait to find out.

Sent from my iPad