Re: Rang 3 MIDI sync yet?

Okay. So assume we've recorded a master loop and we're going to record another loop in parallel. Midway through the master loop, we start recording the new loop. At some point later, we end recording. The new loop length is rounded up to be a multiple of the master loop. We can then start and stop the new loop but doing so really just acts like muting and unmuting it. One could also define a playback mode in which the new loop progresses (silently) to a dead stop when stopped and hitting play causes the loop to start playing with the same alignment to the master loop as when it was recorded — i.e. instead of waiting for the start of the master loop it would wait for the appropriate offset in the master loop..

Mark

On Jul 16, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Grant <grantmepeace@mindspring.com> wrote:

So if you create a new loop by starting out in the middle of another loop and then (I guess) keep recording until you've come around to the same place again how and where do you end recording? If this new loop is stopped and you press Play, where does it begin playing from?

Just curious.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hamburg
Sent: Jul 16, 2012 3:12 PM
To: Grant
Cc: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
Subject: Re: Rang 3 MIDI sync yet?

With regard to the EDP reference, the recorded loop can still have its cycle point aligned to the master. It just doesn't start recording at that point.

And on the original topic, the EDP has a mute function that preserves sync though the equivalent on the Rang in sync mode might be to have Play start at the appropriate position in the loop as if the loop had been active.

Mark