Re: Kemper Profilier Amp

i'm an axe fx user. have been for several years. first the ultra and
now the II. of course it only sounds as good as the monitors/speakers
you're playing it through. i now use two 10" RCF's and it sounds
amazing to me. having so much flexibility all in one 2u box has been a
godsend. i can create all my ambient textures in it and still use the
same box for my covers band. i also love tweaking, but only go as far
as i need to. there are still many parameters in the amp block which
are a mystery to me. i just leave them set at default.

for me, it works. it reduced my 12u rack down to 2u and a laptop and
four 1x12 cabs down to two 10" speakers. for someone with early onset
arthritis, that's very very good.

yes, it's complicated, but that also translates into choice. once
you've learned your way around, you figure out what you need to tweak
and what you can leave alone. using the computer editor makes creating
and editing patches a breeze.

no, it's not for everybody and statements like these do make me laugh
sometimes... "I just don't want to pay for 50 different amps and
speaker cabinets if I'm only going to uses 10"....and...."That kind of
parameter overkill drives me to distraction, and believe me I've spent
some hours tweaking. this is where products like this fall short for
me."

there was a time when digital modelling was a bit of a joke in the
guitar community. it just sounded so bad compared to the real thing.
that time has passed. now you just choose the product that's right for
you. there is no right or wrong...it just comes down to personal
preference.