Re: Switching Echoloop VST Params Using Ableton Dummy Clips

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Phil Clevenger
<phil.clevenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes that is easy and obvious in Ableton. My problem is that I want many
> buttons governing a single CC control:

Ah, I see. That was one of the reasons I wanted to move over from Live
to Mainstage: I too like to use many pushbuttons targeting the same
plugin parameter. The typical example is a Tape Delay simulation
plugin; I use two buttons to reach four alternative loop lengths. But
Echoloop isn't available as an AU plugin, so I won't discuss Mainstage
more in this thread.

> For a four-slot CC like this, it is not so much of a problem, as one can
> easily map to a knob or fader. But, apply this same scenario to the
> Subcycles control in Echoloop: a continuous range of 0-127; within that
> range there are only a few useful settings to me right now: 2, 4, 8, 16,
> 32.
> Try hitting those on a fader or knob, in a dark room on a tiny computer
> screen !  Five buttons... it's all I need... ;)

The scripting option in Mobius makes all that super easy. I don't use
programs at all (yet, but it is possible) but change all general setup
parameters directly from buttons on my FaderFox MIDI mixer/buttonpad
(or foot pedalboard). Anything you want to happen you can just type it
into a text file, save it into the scripts folder, import that script
into Mobius and them assign your MIDI event of choice to activate it.
Just for an example, to change Subcycles for waltz looping I mocked up
this script:

!8ths Per Cycle 12
set 8thsPerCycle 12
set 8thsPerCycle $save8thsPerCycle

Not very complicated. This only changes one thing, but one might as
well have a script that changes hundreds of parameter values in one
go. So, no need for programs really, as I see it.

Good night for now

Per