Re: Echoloop Presets?

Mark -

We have an answer :)

Saving settings presets for the VST (as opposed to saving preset instances of teh VST) is super easy: just set up each preset bank as you want it to be. You can switch between them via the Presets menu to confirm that all changes are persisting as you configured them.

If you want you can rename each preset by clicking  the VST title bar and pressing Cmd-R (Rename).

(Be sure and save your Live Set, and once the VST has all the presets configured as you like, probably it would be best to save an instance of the VST in case you lose the Set file.)

Now, to recall via MIDI controller, you have to make sure you are controlling the VST via direct MIDI, using standard EDP commands. See Andy's "Using Echoloop In Ableton" doc for details about MIDI routing. This way all MIDI commands, even unsupported-by-Ableton Program Changes go straight to Echoloop, bypassing any need for Midi Learn.

Set up your controller to send Pgm Changes 0 thru 15; now test the mechanism: watch the Echoloop params for confirmation that the right stuff is happening, because the VST Presets menu will not respond as would be expected (this is a bug).

Working like a charm here.

Phil :)