Re: How often do you listen to your own music?

These are the threads its worthwhile to read this list from time to time...;-)

Am 28.07.12 21:16, schrieb kay'lon rushing:
I guess this is a rather odd question but I'm curious. Do you only
listen to it for improvement? Or do you enjoy listening to yourself just
as you would listen to an artist you like?

I often record my performances, which are always totally free improvs. But then I do not find the time to listen to them, though, if I do I am mostly surprised and like it. Sometimes I had thrown a file into itunes, didn't listen to it, and later by accident, after I listened to something else, I hear music I really enjoy and wonder who made it... This makes me think its good what I do. Something, I am not always sure about while improvising in front of an audience. At least I am able to surprise myself... Conclusion: I should listen more often to my own music, though it might be even better to just play again, instead of celebrating the past...;-)

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Memorielles--------x--