Odd side question: anyone had braces while vocal beatboxing / looping?

I hope this isn't tooooo off-topic for this list, but this is one of the relatively few lists that can understand my specific concern!

First, my looper cred:  I've been working on a Kinect-based live-looping project named Holofunk (http://robjsoftware.org/2011/09/21/holofunk-lives/).  After demoing it a fair bit this summer I've concluded that I have a few key features to finish if I'm going to make it really performance-worthy.  I corresponded with Rick about this year's looper festival in Santa Cruz, but concluded I'm not ready to do a half-hour show yet, and won't be by October; so I decided to pass on it this year.

Which is all fine -- I'm definitely making progress on those features -- but: I also have been diagnosed as needing braces.  I'll have to have them for about two years.  Teenager at age 43, that's me.

I would like to come play at next year's looper festival, because I'll definitely be ready by then :-)  But now I'm nervous that braces will make beatboxing -- something I want to learn to do much better -- either uncomfortable, or bad-sounding (due to weird tooth-to-lip interference), or both.

Am I just making this concern up?  Or do braces actually genuinely affect the ability to beatbox and do other lip-intensive kinds of singing?  I am pretty sure I will get them this year either way (got to get it over with...), but I just want to know what to mentally prepare myself for.

Anyone been in this situation?  What was your experience?

Net surfing anecdotes vary, which is why I'm looking for more first-hand input.

Thanks for your patience with my left-field issue :-)
Cheers,
Rob

--
Check my blog --> http://robjsoftware.org