Re: Great round-up article comparing DAWs

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Phil Clevenger
<phil.clevenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Audition.
> great waveform editor. Far superior to anything else I've seen in Logic
> or
> Ableton.

Of course, Logic and Ableton are DAWs, not waveform editors. One could
discuss whether Live is a DAW though, since it doesn't print out score
sheets or allow much algorithmic editing of MIDI. Live is an
interesting hybrid somewhere between the DAW and a music instrument.

> Have not tried SoundForge

That's my favorite sample editor!
(until a Mac version exists I stick with Italian DSP-Quattro, not bad
either but can't compete with SoundForge)

Per