RE: 50th anniversary of realtime looping?

Mati wrote,

> certainly they glued tape to loops in the 50ies, so studio looping is
> older as far as I understood, Les Paul brought ready tapes to stage and
> lovelooping started with the two tape machine idea

"lovelooping" yes :)  it started with the two tape machines in 1963.  And
yes, as I wrote in that essay, of course loops (static) are much older but
they are something completely different - more like a pre-digital way to
sample. Les Paul was probably faking his "live" multitracking, there was a
discussion about this on LD:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200211/msg00922.html

-Michael