Re: Heard live-looper Shannon Haydn in Indy

Her material in Indy was all original -- lots of precise pedal pushing.

I just pseudo-randomly picked a video that demonstrates her playing in an informal, club setting. There is another video of one of her student recitals at Yale where she plays one of her own works for electronically processed/looped 'cello.

She was well-received by everyone at the Indianapolis event.

I understand what can happen when one does more "conventional" music and "covers". For example, on my website I have some arrangements of covers that I play on theremin (i.e., "Londonderry Aire") and someone who's only exposure to my music is that one track would have a narrow picture of what I do.

-- Kevin

Quoting William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>:

> minimal looping.

is this the backlash against exploration?

andy

Never, in this case it served the cover well, perhaps she gets a bit more experimental and edgy on her own material? what can I say, I love hearing cello in a contemporary setting. Her voice didn't exactly lure me to the rocks but her playing and ideas were strong. What can I say? I dig Cello Chix. OK now back to multiple tracks of quantize replace sequences, resampled at variable speeds played in reverse.

Bill