Re: City Lights Music Festival and its comparison to a loopfest

I'm going to try and make it more open. Guidelines would be:
Your topic or audio that you share has to be LOOPING; repeated samples,
not manual repetition
The amount of looping in the audio has to be significant; a song with one
word looped twice in an
entire five-minute track wouldn't work; a pop techno track with a
constant-loop beat, and lots of
vocal looping, would work! Not just a song that samples another song; a
song that samples another song that
also loops parts of it. Not just a remix of an already existing song; a
remix of an already existing song that
frequently loops parts of it. Sample repetition to the rescue! You live
loopers are AWESOME!
The remix artists are FANTASTIC! The people who make recordings in the
studio that could be mistaken for
live looping recordings, that go to a concert and play generic acoustic
music because they can't loop live,
are EXCELLENT! So, it might not be a good idea to advertise a new Britney
Spears album
here, but if you like a song that, if she would have made a minute longer,
would have annoyed you because of the overused
repeated background sample beat ... of course! It's a repeated sample, and
it's dominant
throughout the song. Here's the big statement:
Any repeated samples that are noticed throughout the song. Back in May,
someone mentioned that when doing
choruses of songs, sometimes the band will record it once, and the
producers will copy it throughout, so the band
doesn't have to sing the chorus again. Not significant enough! It needs to
sound like a loop to be in our
loop!
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
When I discovered Looper's Delight, I heard live looping once; it was a
guy named Tim
Exile. I discovered Looper's Delight when Googling for music that
contained tape loops, or at
least information about it. Tape loops! A type of prerecorded loop! The
URL,
www.loopers-delight.com, got my attention, because, as you know, I have
that "loop quirk."
So, basically, I found this mailing list as a prerecorded looper looking
for prerecorded loop
music. It just so happens that people like Per Boysen and Amy X. Newberg
hit that switch in me;
"Maybe I should try LL for live performances, but for the studio versions,
use prerecorded, so I
can Imogenially (like Imogen Heap) fine-tune the sound." Yes, before I
even knew live looping
existed, I LOVED Imogen! All the stuff I heard from her was in studio, and
I thought it was
prerecorded looping. I still have a hard time believing that Imogen used
realtime.
Tyler Z