RE: TC Electronic Flashback X 4 Delay And Looper and Re: OT Variax

Personally, as I am a singer (or sort of) I think I will go for a Boss VE-20 unless somebody here can suggest me another battery operated looper with input for Mic, and with effects (which I use a lot). I would have loved it to have also delay (just got echo), wahwah, eq or at least octave down/up, and some other cool effect instead of all those useless presets like rock, hard rock, pop, which sound all the same with a slightly different reverb. Especially considering that you cannot combine effects as far as I understood, so a stupid effect alone is really stupid.

 The Boss RC-30 would be better choice than  the VE-20 for all the reasons you mentioned

Pedal Zombie Wars, given the DL4 was killed by its maker long ago ;-)

 Think again Per Boy still in production I believe

Of course, there's also an EH metal muff on the pedalboard in that pic, so maybe he was at the EH factory

That would be my guess other Ted!!!

Yes it's brand new and that guy was the first to get his hand on it for video reviewing purposes, according to their FB page.

really? so what makes that guy so special?

anyone tried NST on a Variax? I just did, in a shop, and was intrigued - it would make my playing life easier, having to switch between tunings, sometimes quickly, and needing at least two guitars for that. Now, if it had midi and a sustainer ... I wonder if it can be done and if anyone has tried?

 I tried the first generation variax and I found it kind of artificial sounding,  but thats just me and my dinosaur taste A cheap fix if you are trying to retune a guitar with a floating tremolo is this device which can lock your trem in place for quick retuning,  they work well on strat style trems and floyd rose trems too. http://www.allparts.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=tremol-no&x=27&y=13

Isn't one of the Moog guitars capable of midi, sustain and tuning selection?

only sustain and midi option no tuning

If you like sustainers that much, there is the Sustainiac Model C floor unit that essentially makes it possible to have a Sustainer on any guitar you own (as long as it is electric and has a headstock for the clamp-on transducer).

 If i had the dough the thing Ted has is what I would buy.  The Sustaniac  ( que the flash dance video, there is Jennifer Beals pouring water on herself to the tune of, " She's a Sustaniac sustaniac on the floor...")  I too am intrigued with this device and having seen Ted play using it a number of times I can attest that it is awesome sounding and very versatile without mucking up your basic sound also the ability to move it from one guitar to another more than makes up for the cable dangling from the headstock.

Bill