Re: new Touch page on LL.org

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Matthias Grob <matilists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can imagine touch control
>> is the most promising interface for musicians that operate their
>> musical instruments entirely by feet, but that's rare :-).
>
> I do not understand this point... we can easily have a touch screen for
> hand operation and another controller for the feet, be it a classic
> pedal, Softstep or another touch screen, no?

That was just a funny way of saying that hands might be needed for
playing. Unless the touch pad IS the instrument, that is. :-)   This
based on the initial definition of touch screen as "the most promising
interface". Certainly we can combine touch pads with other interfaces,
but the page did not mention that - and this is what my humble post
wants to point out.

After all, if talking active control it would actually be better for
musicians if the interface doesn't require visual attention. This is
not promising at all, since it is never going to change. But if
talking passive control, as in monitoring levels etc, the visual bias
of touch screen technology is all positive. As it is when the pad
itself is the instrument to be played.

Per