OT: Vocoders...

yrs ago i had a broken alesis ineko, small desk top effects thing. the reverb section was broke, which didn't bother me.
one of the "whacky" effects was the vocoder.
i was using it for guitar & loop processing.
i don't remember it working real well on guitar for me....
i'm not sure if it was the greatest vocoder out there, i'm sure they are cheap.
i did like the filter stuff on it though and the bit reducer was fun!
happy hunting...
s---