Re: OT: Vocoders...

Sent from my (advertisement removed)

On 25 Oct 2012, at 17:45, Sergio Girardi <simpliflying@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmm. You mean that you play a chord in a keyboard and the vocoder
> vocodize your voice according to the chord?

Well all keyboard Vocoders are polyphonic, It's kind of the point of
their original purpose (discounting their original, original purpose
of a telephone call scrambler in the Second World War) to emulate a
choir. I actually had no idea there were such abominations as
monophonic Vocoders in existence... guess its just for that auto-tune
sound?

BTW I didn't mention what devices I already knew about cos my question
only related to the Electro Harmonix boxes, 'twas you guys that opened
this up to any box that can sing!

So far I have only seen terrible results from the TC Voice Live
thingy, and what a nasty interface?? but is probably great as I trust
them.
 but the EH Voice Box is looking VERY nice! nice and simple, with live
tweakage possibilities, and seems to be very musical!

I'm still digging tho...