Re: Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

As I understand it, just intonation is based on the natural harmonics of the fundamental - any fundamental - so is the natural scale of the bugle eg. So all the intervals are simple mathematical ratios of the frequency of the fundamental, be it 440Hz, 432Hzm 256Hz, whatever. So a just fifth = 2:3, fourth = 3:4, maj 3rd = 4:5, min third= 5:6 & so on. Just intonation might sound sweeter (to some) when A=440Hz, but you can still play just intonation at A=440Hz. 'Course us guitar-players have been using Pythagorean intonation for years when we (mistakenly) tune to harmonics! Check out 'On the Sensations of Tone' by Hermann Helmholtz if it's still available (& you've got a few months to spare!). There's a lot of it, but it's a fascinating book.
Dave