My unofficial collaboration with This American Life

Dearest Looping family,

I come to you today to share the news of the release of my latest project: scoring clips of This American Life episodes that were without music, titled, "Maybe it's better if you hear this in a British accent."

http://danielharris.bandcamp.com/album/maybe-its-better-if-you-hear-this-in-a-british-accent

All the pieces are looped based, recorded onto my rc50 using mostly my 1998 Ibanez Blazer (and sometimes my Raines 7-string Bebop) into my pedal line-up (ending with the rc50), then mixed in Logic Pro 9. The only exception is the music for the first song which was done a little differently: I started with a simple idea on the rc50 playing to one of the built-in rhythms. I then brought those initial tracks into Logic, made a beat and bass line in there, and recorded all additional tracks on the rc50 (you know, for continuity's sake/I was visiting my parents and only had the rc for recording/etc). The other exception is in one other song I use a Logic synth drone underneath everything else.

Hope y'all enjoy!

love
Dan