From: mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
Subject: Re: Multibenders!
To: "loopers-delight" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Date: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 4:03 PM

Thanks Bill, Thats fantastic! That infos a keeper... Straight into Evernote!
I am having a lot o fun already, although the installation wasn't completely without issues, and I do need to tweak a bit.

Firstly Im installing on my Baritone, so all the strings are thicker and actually I swapped strings this time for some coated shit, (Damn that sales guy... Ive been using Ernie Ball for 20 years.. now my finger tips hurt!!!)  that I think are EVEN THICKER!!

The upshot was that some of the strings wouldnt go into the bend handles slot, wither of them, up OR down. AND the slip wheels under the bridge also caused some obstruction. I have to file out my lowest arm slot a bit.
But still.. the top two arms are working fine and Im using then the same as you on the B and G strings, ATM I have them both set to one tone up, and have accidentally come across a few pedal steel-ish licks already. My aim however is NOT to go all country on ya'all... I was intrigued by the multibend idea simply because that is very similar to how I play guitar anyway, I form a chord, and then move one finger up or down. (think Velvet Underground or Spiritulized).

However, I do like the simplicity of the county sound, that one string twangs up to a new tone and creates that shimmer. Even tho my guitar will be normal tuning (for a bari) I love how this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcSBKjCyXDU gets some nice variation, just out of one chord (hes tuned, I could easily just hold a chord) ...

Also when looping, one doesnt have to think about playing all the time, its nice to have some new sounds right there, made in hardware... rather than a patch!!

Thanks Bill, gonna check all these out..