Re: Recommendations for iPad pad synth...

I don't want to own too much things (in order to be able to work
better with the instruments I have at hand) and was choosing between
Alchemy and Omnisphere. I was interested in a good arpeggiator
function too and they both provide that, but it was the remix pad in
Alchemy that made me go that way (maybe also the huge sample library
of Omnisphere. Alchemy I can still keep on a portable MBP with a
decent library, because a lot of musical variations are created with
the remix pad out of the same set of samples in a patch). Well, I must
admit that I was a big fan the older now discontinued synth
Cameleon5000 by the dame developers.

One thing you can do in Omnisphere that Alchemy doesn't support is to
import the micro groove of a MIDI file (to be used in Omnisphere's
arpeggiator and assorted modulation sources). If you have RMX it is
also cool to hook up Omissph and RMX as a grooving couple.

Watch the info videos on Omnishpere that Spectrasonix has posted at
their web site. Last year's NAMM videos with Eric Persing as well a
with Jordan Rudess are also great Omniqpheria, but I think they might
be linked from Spectrasonx homepage too.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen