Re: feedback issue with mics in live performance

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Ben Walsh
<thefriendliestbunnyrabbit@gmail.com> wrote:
> so i'm trying to loop real drums in my live show, with two mics, and they
> are picking up a bunch of feedback and adding it to the loop, so the
> sound
> is quite degraded after 2 or 3 layers.  anybody had success dealing with
> this issue?  or is what i'm trying impossible?  i'm not using any
> monitors
> at all.

Gate, gate, gate and then gate some more. :-)) I have an extreme
supercardioid mic for flute (TC Helicon MP70 and it is quite feedback
safe, but you have to make sound very close to it in order to pick up
audio well). I also use volume foot switches for mics, but I realize
it wouldn't be realistic for you to pump you expression pedal for
every sixteenth note played on a drum so this tip may not be relevant.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen