Re: feedback issue with mics in live performance

another reason why I only use in-ear monitors on stage is that I find that most stage monitors at clubs and venues totally suck and are inconsistent. I am playing EDM stuff, which delivers some serious low end on the synth bass and kick, and I have yet to find an onstage monitoring system that can do justice to the mix...it just ends up sounding like shit and ruining the whole live performance experience. So, all of us in the band use in-ear systems, and the crowd gets this massive sound coming out of multiple 15-18 inch subs, etc. And the cool thing is that even with the sound isolating in-ear monitors, you can feel the bass in your body through the mains....it is a nice effect.

-----Original Message----- From: Kris Hartung

I second Rick's recommendation on in-ear monitors.  And, I highly recommend
the Westone.  These guys make some amazing systems, and have for years.
http://www.westone.com/music/

I decided to just get their top of the line monitor, the ES5, which is
custom fit to your ear, 8hz to 20kHz frequency range, 5 drivers, 3-way
cross-over....just amazing in sound.  I figured the investment was worth it
considering how much time I listen to music, either on state, at home
through my mac, etc.

But they have some less expensive custom in-ear systems, like the AC1 and
AC2 that are good too.

For my band, I also bought this Prosonus headphone amp/distribution system,
which is pretty cool.  Each person can have an A/B mix, and an external mix
of their own instrument.

Kris