Re: Taking the plunge

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Phil Clevenger
<phil.clevenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had begun migrating to Mobius and found it was quite marvelous with
> synch
> tempo stuff, and does *almost* everything I need from Echoloop (unrounded
> sus multiply I think was the missing thing)

There's another trick I loved with my hardware EDP and that Mobius
can't do: with "feedback = 0" creating a long empty loop, put it into
Overdub mode, play something, hit Reverse, keep on overdubbing on what
you just played (now played back reversed), when back at the beginning
of the now reversed-playback chunk you hit Overdub again and begin
play to your now reversed second layer. Since feedback is zero you'll
never get more than two layers sounding and you can keep on doing this
questions and answers ping-pong game for ever.

This doesn't work with Mobius. It seems that Mobius needs to play a
full loop round in order to keep a chunk of Overdub audio on a layer?
With the EDP you could go "Reverse<-->Reverse" in Overdub mode for
ages and stack up layers for just a very short part of the loop.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen