09.17.13 > The PiNG presents Sedative (Mark Thibideau) + Matt Thibideau + Timothy Glasgow + Markus Heckmann

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

09.17.13 THE AMBiENT PiNG presents
SEDATIVE (MARK THIBIDEAU) + MATT THIBIDEAU +
TIMOTHY GLASGOW with visuals by MARKUS HECKMANN
@ Supermarket . 268 Augusta Ave . Kensington Market
    just south of College . Map, info and directions at:
    http://www.supermarkettoronto.com/site/section/contact
    Tues. Sept. 17th . Doors open at 8:00 . 1st set at 9:00 . $8-10

. 9:00 . SEDATIVE . Sedative (Mark Thibideau) is happy to
announce his new record Soft Tension on Toronto's The Crime
League records. This new EP contains 5 tracks of atmospheres,
pulsations and evolving drones. His live set will be a reworking
of his album using hardware samplers, effects processors and
analog synthesizers. Download the record here:
http://crimeleague.bandcamp.com/album/soft-tension

. 10:00 . MATT THIBIDEAU . Matt Thibideau is just getting ready
to release Reclusion his upcoming record on the Detroit / Chicago
based label Echospace Air. The ambient 8 track LP is due to be
released this fall & The songs are based on both Industrial and
natural landscapes. Matt has placed himself in these environments
to record the sounds of them and take them back to the studio to
sample and manipulate them into his music. This live performance
will showcase this upcoming record. Matt Thibideau and Jakob
Thiesen have also released their Faux Fruit record on their own
label Obsolete Components. Here is a pay what you want link:
http://obsoletecomponents.bandcamp.com/album/faux-fruit

. 11.00 . TIMOTHY GLASGOW . Synthesist from London ON,
"Audio Nerd-For-Hire, Multi-Instrumentalist, Bicycle Racer,
Skateboarder, Latex Fetishist, Wise Man."
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtkos33aRxSovOVyZeTJpCQ

. Visuals for this evening will be provided by MARKUS HECKMANN.

. Thanks to Jeff Howard, we'll have the PiNG LiVE STREAM
flowing again at 9:00PM on Tuesday September 17th for
those of you who can't make it live and in person.
http://www.livestream.com/theambientping

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

COMiNG SOON:

. Tuesday October 29th 2013 . PiNG.10.29.13
AKUMU + KALTE + mara's torment + GENERAL CHAOS VISUALS

. Tuesday November 12th . PiNG.11.12.13
the One (family) + OUREBOROS + GENERAL CHAOS VISUALS

. Tuesday December 10th . PiNG.12.10.13
PLANET OF THE LOOPS 15TH ANNIVERSARY +
GENERAL CHAOS VISUALS

@ Supermarket . 268 Augusta Ave . Kensington Market
    just south of College . Map, info and directions at:
    http://www.supermarkettoronto.com/site/section/contact
    Doors open at 8:00 . 1st set at 9:00 . $8-10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

--> FREE MP3 - "Transmissions" by Akumu <--
a FREE net label release from ping things

ping things is thrilled to release the latest from Deane Hughes'
project Akumu. "Transmissions" is a series of short, abstract
pieces that delve into Akumu's interest in messages hidden
within messages, of sounds between sounds, of communications
that are slightly beyond our perception... beyond our reach.

In our daily lives, we are exposed to a constant stream of noise,
static, interference - all of which we filter out and ignore. But
what if there is more there than we are aware of? Hidden
inside the cracks of cacophony?

Built upon recordings of radio static, electrical interference and
guitar-based ephemera, "Transmissions" creates a world of tones,
clicks, squelches and pulses - a space that lies between calm
drones and arrhythmical noise. Within that space, much like
the world around us, perhaps there is something more?
A place where lost transmissions reside.

"Transmissions" by Akumu is available for free download as a
62 Mb Zip file containing the full release in high quality
320kbps mp3 format along with artwork suitable for printing.
The music on this release is copyright Deane Hughes 2012,
and may not be used or reproduced without the artist's express
permission. If you enjoy the work of Akumu, please feel free to
visit the Akumu website at www.musicbyakumu.com

http://pingthings.blogspot.ca/2012/05/transmissions-by-akumu.html

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ambient CDs and DVDs are available at the ping things table
during Tuesday's show and online at: http://www.pingthings.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

THE AMBiENT PiNG is a Toronto based creative community of
audio artists, performers, musicians and visual artists. The PiNG
presents live multimedia performances featuring ambient, electronic,
soundscape, space, drone, psychedelic, chillout, downtempo,
darkwave and experimental artists from around the world.
http://www.theambientping.com

The PiNG also has a Twitter account to send you advance updates
and reminders of the when & where of future PiNG events.
Just search for ambientping to find us. http://twitter.com

We're also on facebook too, again just search THE AMBiENT PiNG.
http://www.facebook.com

ViSiT the ping things store for ambient, electronic and chill things:
http://www.pingthings.com

Viners and Instagrammers - Scott has set up a Vine page
for THE AMBiENT PiNG and a hashtag for #ambientping
that can be used on Instagram and Vine to help document
PiNG performances with your photos, videos and loops!

Please forward this e-mail to any interested friends or
appropriate newsgroups. Thanks.