Re: difference harmonix 45000 and boomerang 3?

Not necessarily…

I've been using pedal-based control of loopers for years along with some
tweaking of panel knobs etc on the fly and it is not only very doable but
can be quite easy.

It obviously matters what types of things you'd like to do but generally
what I've found to be the difficult part of using rack gear with pedal
boards / midi control surfaces is the setting up. Nine out of ten times I
need sighted help for this so this would be the sticking point in the
scenario.

Having said that though, once you get a midi setup going that you feel
comfortable with, not only is it unrivaled in flexibility (depending on
your actual looper of choice) but it is very personal. So rather than
needing to learn an arbitrary layout you simply create your own. this
comes very much in handy in live performance as you can make your favorite
functions easiest to reach / work with, and you can do so in your chosen
modality. I.E. Would you rather use your foot to access a function, great,
then use your foot. Would you rather use your hands? Great! then use your
hands. With the flexibility of using midi control surfaces, it's up to you.

With a stock pedal-based unit it's usually not up to you which functions
are easiest to access.

Now, just to be clear, I'm soooo not knocking the 45000. It sounds
terrific. I just want to establish very clearly that it is not the be all
and end all for visually impaired loopers and looperixes! ;)

Just my thoughts…

Have an awesome awesome awesome evening and hope everyone's having a
wonderful holiday season!!!

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ModelCara

On Dec 11, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:

At 2:22 PM -0500 12/11/13, Andrrew Owens wrote:
> Wow with these 45000 and rang comparisons, actually the LP1 DOES
> rule I guess!!

Unless you're blind, in which case the Electro Harmonix 2880 / 45000
rule...

http://www.zmix.net

http://albumcredits.com/zmix