Silvertone Model 6072 Reel to Reel Looping

Hi all,

So, I got this old reel-to-reel at a rummage sale for $2. I think it's from 1955 and Sears used to sell them, so I don't expect CD quality or anything.

I opened it up before turning it on, to make sure nothing was burned up. It's got tubes in it. There was one part inside that was rattling around. I just took that out (it can't be that important, right?). Things looked good so I plugged it in, turned it on, and it seems to operate mechanically.

Next, I'm going to try to get some audio input into it and see if it comes out the speaker. It can take a mic or a radio/phono input. If that works, I might actually invest in some tape, which will be more expensive than the unit itself.

Does anyone have any advice for me as I continue to experiment?

Peace and Adventure,
Michael Carlson (3x09)