2014 NW LoopFest Footage Directory and Summary

2014 NW LoopFest Video  Footage Guide ?

If you?re chomping at the bit and just want to get it all now, here?s the
playlist.
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikOrUIP7seoEIso3Ms5shhQ

More looping video goodness for all y?all to enjoy, study, and learn from.
 There are literally over 100 performance videos to watch.

Additionally, there is a great, new feature this year: LoopFest Tech Talks
? here?s a link to some of the performers talking about their gear.  It?s
pretty fun, very informative, and sometimes funny.
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikD-l6-WQrEbOYIEM8IDwdj

A couple of notes:  I was unable to capture every performance on video.
However, I had arranged all of the performers so that I was able to get at
least one full set on video and almost every act was streamed live. The
Royal Room was an excellent venue and I took advantage of their offer to
video and capture an audio feed.  It was disappointing to get the footage
and see about dozen tunes cut off at the beginning due to the tech not
pressing the record button.  Additionally, a couple of acts had their sets
cut off early due to their camera need to dump footage.  Most regrettable
was the entire last half of Consumer in Seattle.    There were a couple of
selections I did not include as I had messed up the video and audio sync
for Rejyna, Per Boysen, and myself ? maybe 5 videos total and all three
performers have plenty of video already so I just deleted them.  For the
Portland fest I ran two stages with over lapping sets; one upstairs, one
downstairs.  Everyone upstairs was not filmed although most were streamed
on an additional feed thanks to Sami Majadla (aka thisissami).   The only
exception of Clifford Kimbrel-Dunn who had a last minute cancellation at
the Seattle location.  As I had planned to film him in Seattle, I had him
scheduled to perform upstairs in Portland and none of his show was filmed
or streamed.  I was only able to video myself, Jean-Paul De Roover, and
Per Boysen in Southern Oregon. Lucid Brain Integrative Project had a very
interesting show, but was so heavy on the conversation and interaction
with the audience that it really didn?t suit the purpose of this video
archive.

All in all there were a ton of great acts, a whole bunch of new ones, and
everybody was awesome.  Truly a loveable and team-oriented bunch.
Everybody was helpful, everybody gave it their all, new friendships were
made, and new professional relationships were forged.  Audiences were
smaller than hoped for, although at times the Seattle venue was
approaching full and Portland was well attended early and faded slowly
from there.  The two stage set-up worked awesome although many of the
artists did not care for the over-lapping sets.  The Southern Oregon shows
were at separate venues with small audiences; but we were grateful to have
the shows and Ted Killian hosted everyone.  There was a little R&R and
stories of Ted?s awesomeness and hospitality are being spread across the
globe.

Two electronic acts worth checking out ? thisissami and Daniel J. Davis
Please check out Eric Buchner and his collection of instruments ? looped
Jew?s harp, Chinese oboe, and more.
Richie Dagger?s Crime ? he captivated me with his sweet voice and epic
tunes.
David Kollar and Paolo Rainier ? their Seattle videos are especially
powerful.
Noise Agency ? grab a couple of cocktails, put on the video and enjoy
their mystical and frenetic noises while their shadows dance across their
video backdrop.

For you on FB ? these videos are still being posted to various groups.

I've attempted to organize and archive the footage for ease of those who
want to watch it. You can also go to www.nwloopfest.com and click on the
names to get direct to their footage and you can see 2013 archived footage
as well.  Please check them all out ? there?s some fantastic stuff in
here.

Mark Hamburg ? Washington, USA   6 videos
Guitar ? ambient loops
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBinzklswAcuNmddqt7RvcsW4

Jean-Paul De Roover ? Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada 10 videos
Guitar/Vocals ? phrase loops, pop songs
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBilToG_2DYoW0gzn5bMJVXIt

Lucid Brain Integrative Project ? Paris, France 4 Videos
Keys ? ambient loops
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBinnfAFNiE8FN83JsBSwB45M

Richie Dagger?s Crime ? Seattle, Washington, USA 8 videos
Violin/Vocals ? phrase loops, indie rock
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikBcBR7SDJ2ipr_JrAtqlhs

Daniel J. Davis ? Seattle, Washington, USA 4 videos
Keys ? ambient loops, electronica
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikc0eaXLwzM9xfypGbT2F6d

Cian ? Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico 7 videos
Bass/vocals ? phrase loops, pop/folk
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikG-OQK2_GKEuEaerxWBPmy

Mandoman ? Osaka, Japan 2 videos
Mandolin ? ambient, avant-garde
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBim87EwCWqHPnvga4BpmbdLM

Mister Tim ? Longmont, Colorado, USA 9 videos
Vocal ? phrase looper, pop songs
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBik799Rr-FdvgKEXFoCeXil1

Just Alliance ? Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 5 videos
Vocal ?phrase looper, pop songs
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBimlWlJO2iOIYfcqhd8IhOcG

Rejyna ? Los Angeles, California, USA 3 videos
Guitar/vocal ? phrase looper, rock
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBinS62pUKtWyd0v6DqM8N-q_

Per Boysen ? Stockholm, Sweden 12 videos
Chapman stick ? ambient looper, melodic songs
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikCgX1tu4isHnQ-VE54ufAE

Ted Killian -  Medford, Oregon, USA 4 videos
Guitar ? ambient loops
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikjNn9qjdEdyQPT00LeTNwz

Eric Buchner ? Portland, Oregon, USA 6 videos
Various instruments ? ambient loops, world music
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBin8xLGEI8dvZvbWdjIw9bD6

David Kollar and Paolo Raineri Presov, Slovia and Italy 3 videos
Guitar/Trumpet ? ambient loops
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBilGe0r3cqdHjFDlOMV9apga

Consumer ? Portland, Oregon, USA 1 video
Keys ? ambient loops, noise band
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBimBavRhvicMN_L20RRMMlBG

thisissami ? Palestine 1 video
electronic ?ambient loops, techno
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBilUcHbhicDsT94gNOnQ-wAo

Noah Peterson ?San Antonio, Texas, USA 13 videos
Sax ? phrase looper, songs various sub-genres.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjiWJF83CBikUqECbWRN0BVtyT0Pj9Oco

Noise Agency ? Portland, Oregon, USA I video
Various ? ambient loops, noise band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16LSrE-m2o

Peterson Entertainment, Llc
999 East Basse Road #180-117