Re: Old LP1 upgrade problem

You're very welcome!  I should also add a couple things I experienced...

1)  I tried multiple firmware releases (1.38g, 1.30, 2.22, 2.02, 2.06) and none had the "assignable function" mellotron feature described in the 1.38 manual...at least not that I could find in any master or track menu item or button assignment mode.  If I'm missing something obvious about how to implement this, could someone kindly tell me how to make it work?

2)  My LP1 completely hung twice...once during my initial downgrade from 2.22 to 1.30 and again on the upgrade from 2.02 to 2.06.  I'd read on the Looperlative FB page that turning the LP1 off while hung in upgrade/downgrade mode could corrupt the machine requiring it to be sent back to Bob for repair...and with his limited involvement in the project these days, who knows how long that could take.  I waited about 5 minutes while the machine was hung and took a gamble and power cycled it.  Luckily both times it started back up with no problems.  In other words, don't undertake this upgrade without understanding the risk of turning your LP1 into a brick!

Dennis