Re: sound cards

Dear Mr. Kolosowski,

        What type of hardware do you have in that wee beastie?  Have you a
SCSI
platform or are you EIDE?

        For Hardware, I would recommend a Yamaha XG chipset soundcard like
the SW1000
XG, ( http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/products/p_sw1k.htm )  if you want to
check out the particuliars.

        Can't say that I was too impressed with the HDD recording side of
it, but the
sound quality and the cleanliness was rather impressive.  On the HDD
recording
side on an NT box, I've found that ye olde combination of Cakewalk and
Sound
Forge were the way to go.

        If you switch over to Win95, check out the Paris system.  (
http://www.paris.ensoniq.com )  It works a little better on the Mac, with
the
exception of how it caches VERY large chunks of memory.  But if you can
get it
to work on a Win98 box (have yet to really get a stable kernel out of 98,
be honest) do it!  My main gripe on the Win95 side is the 64MB barrier,
whereas on a Win98 box this is "supposed" to be fixed, however I've been
finding that the barrier therein is more like 256MB.

        Anywho, if you have any questions, please feel free to shoot them
to me
directly or back to the group.  Have fun!

        Tchus,

                Lee-ohki.