Re: Before I buy a Vortex...

John Tidwell wrote:

> I just bought a new Vortex last week from Big City
> Music. http://www.bigcitymusic.com
>
> The price was $319 +s/h (I also had to lay out an
> extra
> six dollars because I used a credit card).

ahhhh... this makes me feel *just a little* better about forking out
AU$700 for an ex-demo 'texter (yep. that was me a while ago
contemplating this less-than-ideal-we've-got-one-left deal... managed to
talk them down from AU$800.. \begin{sarcasm} woohoo \end{sarcasm}... at
least i'm not the US$700-for-a-used-jamman guy tho! :)

that said.... believe the hype... the 'texter is without doubt a very
strange creature in dire need of a mood management course. capable of
subtly caressing or totally and brutally mangling a loop. capable of
tangentalising(?) the feel of delay based rhythmic loops...all very
organically... one minute it's a toy making fart noises and the next
it's a surreal whispering chasm...

and now that i've justified the purchase to myself...

does anyone else have this problem (bug?) : with a footpedal connected
(i found the cheap-assed "proel" expression/vol pedal works a treat) and
bypassed, the 'texter seems to not accept a delay tap from the front
panel 100% of the time (and yes, this is with the parameter knob
pointing at one of the "echo /"s).. not serious i guess but
unpredictable therefore infuriating...

brad