Re: Before I buy a Vortex...

I just bought a new Vortex last week from Big City
Music. http://www.bigcitymusic.com

The price was $319 +s/h (I also had to lay out an
extra
six dollars because I used a credit card).

The guy's name is Roger & he told me that he had
several more new ones in stock. The one that I
received
had definately never been opened. If I recall
correctly, the Lexicon inspection slip inside
indicated
that mine was manufactured in 1993.

It could be worth the extra money just to have one
with no mileage on the knobs. It seems that I read in
the LD archives that the knobs were the parts most
prone to going bad.

Mine checks out fine so far. I just haven't had time
to do anything more than check the presets. I'm
looking forward to introducing it to my EDP.

Oh, I printed the applications guide from the Vortex
page at LD. You might have to have a color printer
though. Mine printed out in light blue print.

John

--- Dpcoffin@aol.com wrote:
> I'm about to spend $250 on a used Vortex...anybody
> wanna make me a better
> offer before I send the check?
>
> ...and does anybody know where I can get a copy of
> the Applications guide
> that used to come with 'em? Lexicon Customer Service
> hadn't a clue.
> Thanks!
> David Coffin
> you can call me at work--800-283-7252, ext. 518

===
John Tidwell