RE: EDP -- Group Buy II

> Subject: RE: EDP -- Group Buy II
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:15:08 -0700
> From: Steve Han <curbfeeler@transworld-lax.com>
> To: "'Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com'" <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
> CC: "'DKirkdorffer@exapps.com'" <DKirkdorffer@exapps.com>
>
> David,
>
> Great idea.
>
> "The maximum EDP capability of 198 seconds
> should be Standard for all newly produced units."

<jsd> yes it should, mine wasn't and I added that later, like within the
week..

> "Most local Music Stores want to charge arm and a leg
> for a unit of EDP and if you want the pedal with it, they'll
> try to milk you for another $100 to $125."

<jsd> ahh yes, capitalism, isn't it wonderful?

> "Taking minimum 3 months to receive one from Gibson,
> only the true, dedicated loopers will order EDP while
> the EDP's capability can be marketed to the general
> musician and when advertised smartly, it can become
> a must have for every serious musician."

<jsd>It took me almost 1/2 a year to get mine about 3 or 4 years ago,
prepaid

> "The price of Echoplex Digital Pro are prohibitive."
> "Mid $500.00 to mid $600.00 seems reasonable,
> which should include the pedal as part of the unit."

<jsd>Mine cost $900 with a break__ the pedal was the above price you
stated__I
don't think you will ever see it at that price you would like, hopefully
you will
see them again though. Now, IF it is at that price, some corners will have
to be
cut, that's for sure..

> "This is my opinion and experience and does not represent
> any other persons, groups, or identity."
>
> ***********
>
> I hope someone at Opcode / Gibson will give the above points
> some thought.
> The more popular the EDP, the more accessible to us
> the price and availability.
> Perhaps we should be promoting the EDP to every musicians,
> magazines, and music stores we know.

<jsd> yes you should...it all goes back to supply and demand..most times
when
something is discontinued, it is because there is not enough of a demand
to warrant
keeping it in line, I had found out about Gibson doing away with Oberheim
about 1
year or so ago from someone that I know who works there...Sorry about the
delayed
message, But I just found you guys..I'm slloowww.

> I know some of us are already trying to promote EDPs
> but think of it...
> A pair of EDPs in every musician's garage...

<jsd>THAT would be nice!!!!! for now I guess I will have to make due with
my jamman
and vortex

(ps thanks for the tips on it_Andy Butler __