Compilation Distribution Ideas

I think the idea of a website with MP3s and downloadable cover art is
the best and most realistic idea, then each individual can burn their
own copy.

With the right encoding level (160kbps) you get very close to CD
quality (better than the 128 kbps where I can hear aliasing
happening).

Cover art could be created by committee or by an individual (heck,
several different versions of cover art could be created).  Then
they could be encoded with Adobe Acrobat as a downloadable .pdf
that could be printed on a suitable color printer.

The only problem arises when you have an individual who has no CD
burning equipment.  Then we could talk about volunteering making
sets depending on the geographical area of the individuals who
want it.

Todd Madson
Musician, Mountain Biker, Stunt Kite Flyer, BeOS/MacOS/Linux/WinNt user.
http://www.waste.org/~crash/index.html