Intro, new to list

Hiya list.  I'm new here.

I'm sortof new to electronic music (the compositional side at least), and
one of my main reasons for being here is to get feedback about my work
from peers as well as advice on getting my stuff heard.

My project is entitled 'ELOMD' which is hopefully not too incomprehensible
to anyone with a smidgen of musical breadth. heh.  The tracks range from
bouncy old-school sounding techno to semi-industrial noises.

I may not be able to follow your more technical advice, as i'm using
fairly radical and simplistic modes to create.  I don't play a single
instrument, just use my PC to loop samples which tickle my whimsy.  I
occasionally make a sample when i need it, but that's all.  So when you
talk about hooking a Roland RXVSI17-R with wa-wa vocoder through the
Ensonic freem twaddler, i get a bit confused.

Also, I don't know any real DJ's and nobody even has the common courtesy
to tell me when raves happen, so i miss them all, what with most of them
being raided like clockwork from what i hear anyway.

My influences are varied, most of them not even being techno:  classic
rock (primarily the Beatles, Jethro Tull, Zeppelin, Hendrix, the Doors,
the Dead, Steely Dan, Santana, etc.), DEVO, They Might Be Giants,
Servotron, lots of random electronica (Art of Noise, Orb, Orbital, Rabbit
on the Moon, Alpha Team, DJ Keoki, and all the ones that actually make the
radio), and unconsciously, i'm sure i'm influenced by 80's pop music (gad)
and 70's AM radio crap.

I'm still putting the band website together, but it'll come.  You can
always visit my philosophical front at www.iggle.com if you want to delve.

that's all i can think of to say.

illumnus froon
from ELOMD