Re: Boomerang MIDI

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, american qabalah wrote:

> Would anyone else out there like to see the next model of the BOOMERANG
> support MIDI?  Perhaps if people showed enough interest, Mike
>Nelson/Boomerang
> Musical Products might look into it.  Feedback please!
>
> Thanks much,
> Tim

Personally, I'd hate to see the 'Rang's beautifully simply interface
cluttered w/ "feature creep".  I don't use MIDI so I would soon enough
not see it added.

Now, that's not to say there aren't things I'd like to see done to improve
the 'Rang.  Three examples:
1) Being able to record a new loop while the current loop is still
playing, i.e. playing loop doesn't cut off when you hit record.
2) Being able to store and use several loops.  Three or four would be
plenty.
3) Being able to change the speed while a loop is playing.  Currently you
have to hit Stop->Speed->Play.

I think those three things would add much more to the unit than the
ability to trigger it through MIDI.  My personal opinion, of course. :)

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com