Re: --OT: Rhodes repair in Boston area--

Tim Nelson wrote:

> At 10:47 AM 7/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >You might be able to find more information here:
> >
> >http://www.fenderrhodes.org/rhodes/supersite/
>
> Wow, thanks David!

There's an elist too.

> I bought a battered Mark I Stage 73 in the early 80's, and have always
> wanted to do the Dyno-My-Piano thing to it to get it all tweaked up and
> improve the cement-block-like action on the beast. I was able to
>download a
> Rhodes repair manual a couple of years ago, but the site you've
>recommended
> has much more as far as actual mods and adjustment tips, and I may
>actually
> be able to make my Rhodes usable again! (For music, I mean; one winter I
> used it as ballast for driving my van in the snow....)

Ha! I can believe that! I bought one a couple of
weeks ago, the price was right $500. I got a '75
Mark 1 Stage Piano PLUS the 4x12 amp & cabinet
from a Suitcase Piano. The action needs some
TLC, I should get some Teflon Powder in the mail
in a few days. I'm going to see how far I can get on
my own with the information from the site before I
have to drag it out to a tech.

--
* D a v i d         B e a r d s l e y
*           xouoxno@virtulink.com