Echoplex - How Do I?

Hi,

I'm on a learning curve with the Echoplex - a wonderful instrument.

I want to create a soundscape in Loop #1 and Loop Copy it to Loop #2 where
I will add a rhythm.

The problem is that I press Next Loop and wait for Loop #1 to cycle through
before Loop #2 begins recording - that's OK I suppose.  Since Loop #1 is a
soundscape with no rhythm or click track, I'm late with my rhythm track
when Loop #2 is activated and recording - thus creating a dead space.  So,
I begin playing in Loop #2, then stop recording and let Loop #2 cycle
through.  At the beginning of Loop #2 is the dead space, which makes the
chord progression too erratic, rhythmically.  I want to hit some
button/switch and immediately begin the Loop Copy and Recording process in
Loop #2.  Can I do that?

Thanks,

Michael