EMUSIC Playlist #189

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #189                    November 2, 2000.

On this show, I started a month-long focus on Groove compilation CDs.  The
feature CD at Midnight was "Out There Lies the Truth" the first of four CDs
of music inspired by the X Files television series and released when Groove
was called Cue.

I played the music of Vidna Obmana in anticipation of his upcoming November
4 performance at the Gathering.  I also played the music of Music For
Isolation Tanks (a.k.a. David Talento) to promote his upcoming show in our
own back yard on Friday, November 10 at the Borders Bookstore in Whitehall.

Groove Unlimited
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2000/focus00.html#nov
The Gatherings                http://www.thegatherings.org/29gather.html
Music For Isolation Tanks     http://www.voicenet.com/~legion/

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Music for Isolation Tanks    Track 7             Live at Electrolust (Help
Wanted)
Vidna Obmana            The First Coil           The Surreal Sanctuary
(Hypnos)
VA [Paul Nagle]         Track 2                  Concerts from Jodrell
Bank (Neu
Harmony)
Robert Scott Thompson   Effulence                Blue Day (Aucourant)
Robert Carty            That Desert Feel Part 1  The Inexplicable (Deep
Sky)
Remy                    Image One                The Art of Imagination
(Groove/AKH)

12:00 am
VA [Boots & Hemisphere] X-truders                Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
VA [Muns & Marselje]    Beyond                   Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
VA [Boots & Aerts]      Superficial Analysis of  Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
                          the Unsound Mind
VA [Van Engelen &       Borderline               Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
    Marselje]
VA [Eric & Harold       High Speed X-ing         Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
    Van Der Heijden]
VA [Ron Boots & Eric    The Machine *            Out There Lies the Truth
(Groove)
    Van Der Heijden]

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on compilation discs
from the Dutch label Groove Unlimited.  Next week's feature CD at midnight
will
be "The Truth Is Twisted."  I will also play the music of Music For
Isolation
Tanks in anticipation of the show at the Borders Bookstore in Whitehall on
November 10.  See the events page for details.
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html