Re: Syncing with the EDP...

i'm new to the echoplex, but i think if you use loopcopy with audio off,
it copies only the time of the loop...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 11:29 PM
Subject: Syncing with the EDP...

Hey Folks,
I'm looking for a little collective wisdom here. I've got my EDP synced to a Roland GrooveBox 505 and it generally works pretty well. The problem is that whenever I use more than one loop, the EDP doesn't stay synced. I've got it set on "Quantize" and this works just fine when I lay down my "A" loop. However, the EDP stops listening to the GrooveBox  as soon as I go to the "Nextloop". The problem is that as soon as I'm done recording my "B" loop, the EDP doesn't wait to hear another MIDI beat before it stops recording. The end result is that I may  record a great "A" loop that's in time but if I don't end my "B" loop at  precisely the right time, my loops will be out of sync with the GrooveBox. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike Georgin
p.s. I  have some examples of when the 'Plex did actually work at: mp3.com/mikegeorgin