EDP, footswitch problem

I am trying to use a separate footswitch to control Record and
Overdub functions on my EDP.  I am using Yamaha sustain footswitch,
but it does not work.  When I press it, it acts as a long press on
EDP's record switch, that is it records 4 seconds and nothing more.
When I do long press, it records the 4 seconds after I release it.
What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to use some specific kind of
footswitch?  I am using this Yamaha one for other purposes and it
works just fine.

petr@tryi.com

=====

Nasledujici oznameni je bohuzel nevyhnutelne.  V zadnem pripade ale
neznamena, ze bych osobne chtel propagovat tuto spolecnost.