Responding to "gig spam"

I have some friends on this list who post their gigs.  No, Stu Leibig is
not
one of them but that is because I never met him personally.

I have a friendly suggestion to any would-be critics.  If you feel
compelled
to respond with a non-constructive critique of the gig, I suggest you send
it in private email rather than to the list.  I don't see anything good
coming out of sending inflammatory comments to the list where everyone can
see them and thus publicly humiliate someone without just cause - it's
destructive and divisive and makes you new enemies you didn't need to make.

I feel compelled to post because of those friends of mine who play gigs
and
post announcements for their gigs here.  I'd hate to see a negative
atmosphere develop here where people feel too intimidated to post such
things.

Thank you,
Paolo